Re: prebuilding 32-bit caches on a 64-bit system

Behdad Esfahbod <behdad@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> We can drop binaries in /usr/bin/fc-cache.d and the shell script will run
> all of them... That can go upstream easily.

I think we can bikeshed the directory name for months if we like, but I
think FHS would prefer /usr/lib/fontconfig instead. Sticking directories
in /usr/bin seems "wrong" to me at some level.

I did check and at least 'bash' appears to ignore directories in
/usr/bin for the purposes of tab completion and finding commands along
$PATH, so it doesn't seem like this would do any harm.

--
-keith