Re: @CONFIGDIR@ (usually /etc/fonts/conf.d) could be recorded in fontconfig.pc?

On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 10:30 AM, suzuki toshiya
<mpsuzuki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is it possible to record the value of @CONFIGDIR@ (usually /etc/fonts/conf.d)
> into fontconfig.pc?
> Now I'm playing with a package trying to insert a font substitution rule into
> the directory
> (cups-filter), and wondering how to identify the directory by autotools.
>
> According to configure.ac of fontconfig, it is usually set to
> @BASECONFIGDIR@/conf.d,
> but the developer can set something different, by giving "--with-configdir".
>
> Current fontconfig.pc records @BASECONFIGDIR@ value with the variable "confdir",
> but @CONFIGDIR@ is not recorded.

You're right. hmm, I just wonder who needs to use BASECONFIGDIR itself
outside fontconfig. no one needs to put anything there. more important
thing should be TEMPLATEDIR and CONFIGDIR.

> I'm not sure whether the insertion of font search/substitution rule by external
> package is acceptable behaviour or not,
> but I think the recording of the manually configurable values into pkg-config
> file is basically good idea.
>
> So I want to suggest to record the value... but what is the best name for the
> variable?
> I want to hear your comments to draft a small patch.

templatedir and confddir? well, honestly I want to replace/fix confdir
with CONFIGDIR though, that may breaks apps relying on it so far
perhaps. dunno.

> Regards,
> mpsuzuki
>
> P.S.
> BTW, I'm afraid that @XMLDIR@ is no longer used..?

That is only used for dtd. no other purpose.

Akira TAGOH