Re: Yet Another Python Binding

It wouldn't be the worst idea to carry something like this in fontconfig repo itself...

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 7:10 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I discovered recently that the Matplotlib project has put a bunch of
repos on GitHub, one of which is this
<https://github.com/matplotlib/fcpy>, their own Python binding for
Fontconfig.

Trouble is, they do it as an extension module written as C code. This
creates a lot of extra work, and is usually a waste of time. In most
cases (including Fontconfig), a binding can be created in pure Python
that works just as well with significantly less code, in this case a few
hundred lines less <https://github.com/ldo/python_fontconfig>. And I
think I managed to squeeze in one or two extra functions that they
didn’t.