Re: Two questions for too many fonts and Fontypython

You can always have a look at https://github.com/FontManager/master

There are a few command line switches you can use to disable/enable/install fonts, but it's not really intended to be a CLI tool.

It does allow you to do exactly what you've asked for. You can enable/disable font families by clicking a checkbox. Or you can create collections so that you can enable/disable groups of fonts all at once. It also allows you to specify different directories to use and enable/disable those with a switch. You can install fonts just by dropping them on the font list.

In any case, it's far from done and it may not be exactly what you're after anyway but you can always use it just to see how it generates Fontconfig configuration files in order to add directories or blacklist fonts.

You'll find those in ~/.config/fontconfig/conf.d

It manages fonts stored in the default user folder, at this time ~/.local/share/fonts