Re: Streamlining fontconfig scanning

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 8:40 PM, Keith Packard <keithp@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Behdad Esfahbod <behdad@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> We don't need more config.  We have enough ideas to get the performance
> boost while handling bad fonts if we decide to.  But I agree with Keith, I
> think we should just ship without blanks and deal with repercussions
> after.

Yeah, as I said, I don't recall any 'reasonable' fonts ever had
trouble. Of course, it's been a long time since I've not had the outline
scanning. Perhaps we should just survey fonts that people have available
today; I've got about 3300 font files on my machine to try; perhaps it
would be good to know how many of those are broken.

Indeed.  Just do fc-scan on your corpus with master and then with my branch, and diff the outputs.  Time both runs as well, for comparison.  Report what you find.