Re: /etc/fonts/local.conf does not respect lcdfilter option

On Tue, 8 Nov 2016 21:55:26 +0100
MontyHimself <montyhimself@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have set several options in the /etc/fonts/local.conf configuration
> file and all of them except the lcdfilter option are respected. I
> checked this via xrdb -query and the lcdfilter option doesn't show up

fontconfig neither reads nor writes X11 resources.
It just provides match results to applications/toolkits, that then decide whether to augment them with other stuff, like from XRDB.
To check whether a given entry in a fontconfig configuration file has had an effect, debug the match with 'FC_DEBUG=1 fc-match -v'.
Things like lcdfilter are sometimes better off in XRDB as they're display specific. Except when you want to have different defaults for different fonts.

Raimund

--
Worringer Str 31       home: rs@xxxxxxxx    +49-179-2981632
Duesseldorf 40211 DE   work: raimund.steger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx