Font priority and locale settings

Sorry, the way I asked the question was misleading, fc-match was just a way to diagnose the problem.

The issue I am facing is that, even if Deja-vu is set to a higher priority than IPA font,
when the computer locale is set to ja_JP.UTF8, alphabet letters would be rendered with IPA font instead of Deja-vu.

What I am trying to achieve is to, with a locale set to ja_JP.UTF8, have alphabet rendered with Deja-vu and Japanese characters rendered with IPA font according to the set <prefer>ed order.

settings reminder:

```
<alias>
  <family>serif</family>