Re: Changing to hintslight globally by default + hintfull for otfs

Not  really. speaking of changing constant name and attributes
mainly, given that we changed something around this, users still
doesn't know what is the best choice even though how those looks
better may be subjective. just thought it may be helpful to provide
configuration files per font format as examples with more detailed
comments rather than changing/adding something for people only who
knows technical thing in fonts so that they can learn what's better
for their env after that. that said, it comes up from the name of
FT_LOAD_TARGET_XXX somewhat and still behaves differently with the
same flags among font formats as you mentioned, it might be better
changing in FreeType first if you like.

Okay, so would like to see:
- 10-ttf-hintnative-xy.conf
- 10-ttf-hintauto-yonly.conf
- 10-ttf-hintnone.conf
- 10-otf-hintnative-yonly.conf
- 10-otf-hintauto-yonly.conf
- 10-otf-hintnone.conf
- 10-pfab-hintnative-???.conf
- 10-pfab-hintauto-yonly.conf
- 10-pfab-hintnone.conf
including comments that explain what's going on and why? Will look into it.

I'm note sure about FT's API, I guess it's set in stone until FreeType 3. I'll just start with the above confs ;)

I don't have any objections for changing the default hintstyle in
fontconfig personally otherwise. as I wrote earlier, the improvements
are welcome.

:)

From the above list, I'd recommend setting
- 10-ttf-hintauto-yonly.conf
- 10-otf-hintnative-yonly.conf
- 10-pfab-hintauto-yonly.conf
as the default active configurations. As soon as I have written them :D