Re: new release planning

On 2015-10-06 05:23, Akira TAGOH wrote:
Hi,

Over one year has passed since the last stable release and no big problem
has been reported these days. so I'm planning to release new stable version
within a week or so.

Please test and let me know if there are any fixes we should include into
the next.
picked it up from master and the build stops (on AIX, using default shell, which seems to be /bin/sh, rather than /bin/ksh which is my regular shell)
and not sure why this is showing up --- maybe something is missing (this is a second system and git is not installed - I retrieved the 'master' via a different host.

Anyway, after collecting the master I do the following:

cd master
ksh ./autogen.sh --enable-libxml2
make

This is the tail of what I see:

config.status: creating config.h
config.status: executing libtool commands
config.status: executing src/fcstdint.h commands
config.status: creating src/fcstdint.h : _FONTCONFIG_SRC_FCSTDINT_H

Now type 'make' to compile Fontconfig.

root@x064:[/data/prj/freedesktop/fontconfig/master]make
/bin/sh: 0403-057 Syntax error at line 13 : `;' is not expected.
git.mk:97: recipe for target '.gitignore' failed
make: *** [.gitignore] Error 2

root@x064:[/data/prj/freedesktop/fontconfig/master]make -v
GNU Make 4.1
Built for powerpc-ibm-aix5.3.0.0
Copyright (C) 1988-2014 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
root@x064:[/data/prj/freedesktop/fontconfig/master]
Script command is complete. The file is ../master-autogen-script.text.