Re: Matching font by unicode coverage

Behdad Esfahbod writes:

> Does matching by FC_CHARSET really add that much overhead?

It does, but that's not the point.  The difference is that of only calling
FcFontSort once and using the results, or calling FcFontMatch for, in the
worst case, every character.

YMMV, don't come back saying that I didn't warn you :).

behdad

Oh, I don't think that's the intent here. The general idea is to put all characters either in the entire text, or just the ones with the same unicode scripts property into a FC_CHARSET, then matching some fonts, and using them as far as they can take me, then try again.