Re: Pattern Matching Issues

On 05/02/14 12:49, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
On 14-02-05 04:34 AM, Tom Hacohen wrote:
On 04/02/14 22:15, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
On 14-02-03 07:43 AM, Tom Hacohen wrote:

As you may remember, I work on the efl (enlightenment.org). We have support
for using fonts straight off the filesystem (i.e a filename), or a font in
memory, embedded in our theme files. I'd like to be able to query the system
for similar fonts in order to find the most suitable fonts for font fallback
in case those font files are missing characters.

I would be happy to know if you have any better idea for implementing that.

Interesting.  Let us know how it goes.

Seems to be working nicely, which I find really cool. The alternative would
have been implementing that function on my own, which I was trying to avoid.
Too bad it'd only be available for people with new  versions of fontconfig (>=
2.11.0).

Why's that?  It may have been broken because of the FC_HASH changes, but
should work on significantly older versions.

I read in the docs, that this function only exists starting from 2.11.0.

http://www.freedesktop.org/software/fontconfig/fontconfig-devel/fcfreetypequeryface.html

--
Tom.