Re: Pattern Matching Issues

Tom Hacohen wrote:
[...]
2. Both FcFontSort and FcFontList don't work for me with "ftface" as a
filtering parameter.

FcFontSort doesn't really "filter" (well it /can/ in some way but only by Unicode coverage, depending on the "trim" argument) but instead orders by score. For this, only properties in src/fcobjs.h are taken into account.

FcFontList does filter but it's mainly useful for properties that occur in the cache.

[...]
If that's not what it's meant to do, what's the best way to load a list
of "most similar to ftface" fonts available on the system? Do I have no
analyse the face and create the pattern on my own?

Maybe FcFreeTypeQueryFace could help you?

Raimund

--
Worringer Str 31 Duesseldorf 40211 DE  home: <rs@xxxxxxxx>
+49-179-2981632 icq 16845346           work: <rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>