Re: overwrite default boolean values

Yes, that is what I'm expecting on this change :)
and I've pushed this change into master. let me know if there are any problems with it.

Cheers,

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 11:25 AM, Raimund Steger <rs@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Akira TAGOH wrote:
Hi,

We seem having an issue in some recipes to overwrite the boolean value
as a bug[1] is being reported. originally this change was supposed to
not break the desktops' configuration and respect it. however it's
broken now, because the default boolean values is set at
FcDefaultSubstitute() prior to perform the target="font" matching rules.
so when trying to evaluate 10-autohint.conf say, if there are no
explicit boolean value to autohint object, "False" is always set.

My proposal to fix this is to move such recipes to target="pattern". it
would works since we've changed the behavior to inherit values in the
pattern to the result.

Seems sensible to me. After all, FcDefaultSubstitute should be the fallback and not disable parts of the system configuration.

Raimund

--
Worringer Str 31 Duesseldorf 40211 DE  home: <rs@xxxxxxxx>
+49-179-2981632 icq 16845346           work: <rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>