Re: How to properly implement FcFStatFs on Win32?

On 10/8/2012 4:02 AM, Diego Santa Cruz wrote:
Hi all,

I am porting fontconfig 2.10.1 to Win32 compiled with MSVC 2008 (see other
e-mail about the project files for details).

It is working fine but I do not know how to properly implement the
FcFStatFs() function under Win32.

For the broken timestamps I guess I could use GetVolumeInformationByHandleW
to get the filesystem name and check for FAT or FAT32.

But I have no idea as to how to detect if a file is on a network FS. Any
ideas? As far as I could find out mmap'ing files on network shares is a bit
dangerous as depending on the version of Windows the program may get an
exception when reading from the file when the server goes off-line, so
determining if a file is remote or not would be important. Any pointers as to
which Win32 function to use to get that info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Perhaps NetUseEnum could help here?
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa370647%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

I haven't tried this myself, so I may be wrong.
    Pavel.