Re: Fontconfig cache in chroot

Actually I've just now recognised, that not all the caches are rebuilt just a few one. These cache files had a 32 version in the cache directory originally, but inside the chroot, fontconfig generated a 64bit version too. On the other hand if i run the application without chroot it uses just the 32bit version... :s It's tricky... Ideas?

Cheers,
Reni

Hi All!

I 'd like to chroot a process what uses fontconfig. For this reason I've hard linked my font directories (/etc/fonts, /etc/X11/fonts/, /usr/locale/share/fonts/, /usr/share/fonts/) and my fontconfig cache directories (/var/cache/fontconfig/ and $HOME/.fontconfig) into the sandbox directory. Unfortunately I experienced that fontconfig rebuilds its cache files inside the chroot (those what exist in the sandbox already). What's more nothing has changed (neither size, permissions not the owner of the cache files) except the last modification date ofc. This rebuild takes ~4-5sec what is too much :(
Do you have any idea what's wrong or how I can workaround this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Reni