Re: Pango support for `size' OpenType feature?

Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
[...]

At any rate, it can easily go into Fontconfig.  We just need to add an element
for design size, perhaps one for the design range, possibly for design name,
and then make the matcher match the font with design size closest to requested
size...

Isn't this quite similar to the way bitmap fonts are currently picked? They have their 'design size' already which is just the normal pixelsize property, it's in _FcMatchers and when I request 'Lucida:pixelsize=17.5' I get a close neighbor, in this case the 17px version. Granted I'm not really sure how much of the existing logic could be applied in a situation where it's necessary to support upper/lower bounds...

Raimund

--
Worringer Str 31 Duesseldorf 40211 DE  home: <rs@xxxxxxxx>
+49-179-2981632 icq 16845346           work: <rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>