Re: how to read config file from current dir (relative to a binary using the lib)

Raimund Steger wrote:
Helmut Tessarek wrote:
[...]

Don't you think, it might be a good idea to give fontconfig the option to
search in ./fontconfig/ first, before looking in PREFIX/etc or
--sysconfdir?

Having objects make any assumptions about the location in the file
system they're stored in would be very uncommon on Unix. I. e. there is
no POSIX equivalent of Win32's GetModuleFileName.

I should add, as I believe Akira already mentioned there is a way to have fontconfig look in the current working directory (as opposed to the binary's directory) by redefining the FONTCONFIG_PATH macro during compilation, i. e. CFLAGS="-DFONTCONFIG_PATH='\".\"'". But this won't usually do the job, as the current working directory might be set to anything when an executable is called.

Raimund

--
Worringer Str 31, Duesseldorf 40211 Germany   home: <rs@xxxxxxxx>
+49-179-2981632 icq 16845346                  work: <rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>