Re: strict check for object modification

Akira TAGOH wrote:
[...]
Is it expected that the pattern in the kind of the strong binding
should be inherited to the result? or should the explicit patterns be
inherited if it's not the objects to be checked with the matcher?

It was my understanding (of FcFontRenderPrepare(3)) that exactly those properties are propagated from the pattern to the font that are _not_ already in the font, regardless of their binding or whether they are used in the match.

For example, if I have Type 1 Helvetica installed, I can issue

  fc-match -v Helvetica:scalable=false

all the way I like, it will _not_ be propagated and the resulting font will still have 'scalable' set to "true", even though 'scalable' isn't used by the matcher. That's because the property has the value "true" for the best result in the match which is the cache entry for Helvetica.pfa.

However, I can assign any number of weak properties in my configuration, not only things like 'rgba', but custom ones to group evaluation results or, from Solaris JDS default configuration, 'disable_pango_script' and these _will_ be propagated.

I wouldn't want it any other way, actually...

Raimund

--
Worringer Str 31 Duesseldorf 40211 Germany +49-179-2981632 icq 16845346