Re: any possible trouble by adding lang to the pattern by default

Akira TAGOH <akira@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to address the case of the unexpected font selection for
> non-English languages when running on English locale.

Are you trying to make fontconfig select an appropriate font without any
language hints at all, based solely on the codepoints within the text?

If so, then what I do myself is to configure a *set* of languages
instead of a single one in my fontconfig setup. This effectively creates
a multi-lingual "locale" for the purposes of font selection, guiding
fontconfig to prefer fonts for my favored languages.

--
keith.packard@xxxxxxxxx