Cross-compiling fontconfig without multiarch

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to compile fontconfig with a custom toolchain, and my build machine is i686 and my host is i386.  I've compiled the entire toolchain without multilib (er...I'm guessing this is the same as multiarch?) support and now I get errors when I use --with-arch=i386 for my configure line because I'm missing the appropriate multiarch header files.   But why is multiarch support necessary, and is there any way that I can circumvent it?

Thanks,
Ersin

--
What Digital Revolution? -- www.whatdigitalrevolution.com
Thinking critically about digital worlds.