Re: Arial Black font issue

Le Mer 4 février 2009 10:13, Nicolae Ghimbovschi a écrit :
> My question is, why version 2.3.2 sees ariblk.ttf as Arial Black and> 2.6.0 as Arial, Arial Black.> In a way the Arial Black is being shadowed by Arial.> Is there a way to this this ?
Arial Black is the "Black" weight in the Arial family. So modernfontconfig is right to file it under Arial.
The change you see is that in the past, fontconfig only exposed legacymetadata (as in, the only valid faces are regular/bold/bolditalic/italic) while now it has been updated to show modern metadata(where many more font faces can exist and you don't need to kludgethem in the font name).
This is just keeping up with OpenType standards.
-- Nicolas Mailhot
_______________________________________________Fontconfig mailing listFontconfig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/fontconfig