Re: Announcing Fontconfig 2.4.92 (2.5 RC2)

On Tue, 2007-11-06 at 15:06 +0100, Frederic Crozat wrote:
> Le lundi 05 novembre 2007 à 16:22 -0800, Keith Packard a écrit :
> > The second release candidate for fontconfig 2.5 is released, thanks much
> > to Behdad for fixing a bunch of bugs and providing numerous Fedora
> > patches to improve the default configuration.
>
> Before I forget (I wanted to push that for a long time and never find
> enough time to do so), and since Bedhad started to push Fedora patches,
> I'd like to push some configuration patches we have in Mandriva.

Thanks!

        <alias>
                <family>sans-serif</family>
                <prefer>
+                       <family>BPG Glaho International</family> <!-- lat,cyr,arab,geor -->
                        <family>Bitstream Vera Sans</family>

Are you really meaning to replace Vera Sans as the default sans-serif face here?

> It is adding more fonts to 60-latin.conf, 65-non-latin.conf and
> 69-unifont.conf. Bedhad might want to look at 65-non-latin.conf, we are
> adding one or two Persian fonts, which might be better in
> 65-fonts-persian.conf but I prefer to have him doing the move between
> files. Moreover, it is adding some informations about locales impacted
> by fonts.

documentation is always helpful, thanks for the changes.

I didn't appear to receive the file in UTF-8 encoding, so I'm not sure
about some of the non-Latin names. Can you check your mailer and see
about ensuring that the attachment isn't getting scrambled?

--
keith.packard@xxxxxxxxx