sub-pixel hinting turned on when started using DVI cavle to monitor

On Fri, 07 May 2004 08:45:01 -0700 Keith Packard <keithp@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Gnome includes a control panel which selects which kind of font display
> you get; I thought KDE provided one as well.

If we're talking about subpixel rendering, it does. See KDE Control Center,
Appearance & Themes, Fonts, Anti-aliasing, Use subpixel hinting, Choose
desired mode (or disable it).

Not sure though what precedence the KDE settings have over the FC settings.

--
Ciprian Popovici