terminus font (embedded pixmap in ttf)

Around 11 o'clock on Jul 25, Khiraly wrote:

> True type fonts using an embedded bitmap font (glyphs) do not show up in
>   my applications that use font.conf. They just render the outline of
> the vector based font, producing a miniature.

Unless you specifically request it, fontconfig will select the outline so
that it can produce an anti-aliased image on the screen.  I see that your
configuration tries to do this, I can't really tell if it works though, so
you might use 'fc-match -v' to see whether antialiasing has been disabled.

-keith