How to perform an random read test, with normal distribution

Hi!

I Want to perform a test scenario

I have a "huge" file in which I want to read out blocks of data randomly with some distribution. For example 20% od blocks in test file will get ~80% od total IO from the engine.

Placement of blocks within the file is not important
The only requirement is that some blocks are read out more frequently then others, and the distribution of reads is defined by some parameters

Test should simulate a VM image reads during VM startup (or runtime) where not all files are used, and some are used more often then others.

Is there a way to test such scenario using fio?

Best regards,
Bartosz Wieczorek