fio bug (?)

Hello, I'm trying to benchmark pendrives with fio. I'm running:
fio --name=test --ioengine=posixaio --direct=1 --rw=randwrite --bs=4k
--size=4g --numjobs=1 --iodepth=1 --runtime=60 --group_reporting
--time_based
the io file creates normally, but then the job starts. Firstly, the
write speed is not shown. Secondly, after the job runs for one minute,
the completion percentage drops to 50 and the eta shows a few thousand
days and the job doesn't end. After about 5 minutes of running the job
ends, but write speed is supposedly only a few bytes per second, which
(I think) is wrong, because crystaldisk mark shows around a few
megabytes per second with a similar random write test. I'm running
fio-3.33 and I tested this on MacBook M1, raspberry pi, some old
kubuntu system and on Windows, and every result was similar.
By the way, is it normal for "Laying down IO file" to take a while?