RE: running jobs serially

<snip>

> Speaking of which, it's not clear to me if I need to add stonewall to
> each job or if I can just add it to the top-level global options and be
> done with it...

The stonewall option is needed only in the global section and will apply
to all of the jobs.

<snip>

> So maybe the bug is *just* 1 and 2: (1) the timestamps in the final
> report are incorrect, and (2) processes are all started at once (and 1
> may be related to 2!)

The timestamp is actually the time at which the summary output was generated,
not the time the job started or stopped.

https://github.com/axboe/fio/blob/fio-3.30/stat.c#L1161

All of the processes are created when fio starts up but they do not start issuing IO
until it is their turn.