RE: Not logging zero entry intervals when using --log_avg_msec seems problematic

helper_thread.c:helper_thread_main() handles logging, steadystate, signals, status_interval, and disk utilization measurements. If multiple of these features are active then there may be small deviations in the logging time intervals.

For missing final log entries, what happens is that the helper thread receives an exit notification (A_EXIT) and then stops checking its other responsibilities. It would be reasonable to make one final call to the logging code before exiting the helper thread but there might need to be some guards to make sure the logging code does not try to access threads that have already been torn down.