Re: A fio job that just waits?

On Fri, Jan 28, 2022 at 5:09 PM Nick Neumann <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I was hopeful it would
> work on windows as well. While a cpuio task runs fine on windows,
> there is something wrong when you try to run a task after it.

I went ahead and filed a bug for the windows-only behavior where two
different engines don't get along:
https://github.com/axboe/fio/issues/1331

On Sat, Jan 29, 2022 at 12:52 AM Nick Neumann <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In most of the cases it seems like the ETA is confused by the behavior
> two.  ETA jumps instantaneously from 15 down to 10 when the first run
> of foo.fio is complete and the second one begins.

Thoughts on filing a bug for the original issue with the startdelay?
On the one hand, the current behavior seems wrong, or at least
unexpected, to me. But on the other, based on how the code in
backend.c is written, unless it used to be structured very
differently, I imagine this has been the behavior for a while. There
could be jobs/scripts depending on the behavior, so I wouldn't be
surprised if changing the behavior to what I want/expect isn't really
an option - instead the best I might hope for is a new option
(interjobdelay?) that provides the behavior I want.