FIO Frontend Development

Hi all,

I am part of a development team who is creating a GUI frontend for FIO which is currently in Alpha status. This frontend is written in Python and uses QT5. We are planning to release this as its own repository on GitHub.  We are looking to see if there is interest in the FIO community in hosting the project. We can provide screenshots of the code if it is in interest. One of the main benefits of this tool is that it allows for the creation of FIO job files with custom FIO workloads. We also added a custom 'idle' job that lets the drive idle for a set amount of time (selected in the frontend) during the runs. In addition we also support the looping of jobs. The tool also parses the output of FIO and separates the values for log files, as well as drawing graphs for the IOPS, Bandwidth, and Latency. We see that this tool could be very beneficial to FIO users and are planning to keep supporting this tool, and adding more features to it. We are very excited about this project and are looking forward to hearing your response!

-- Glen Johnson