Re: how to put FIO stat into file and check that periodically while FIO is running

Hi,

On Wed, 10 Feb 2021 at 13:26, Robert Balogh <ethrbh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What I would like to do is now, to start FIO, keep running it, and
> "instruct/ask" FIO for putting the measurement statistic at every X
> sec into the given stat file. Is it possible to do?

The information in https://www.spinics.net/lists/fio/msg09025.html
("Re: Getting eta-status-line to the output file?") may be what you're
looking for. If you are just after a specific stat the write_*_log
options - https://fio.readthedocs.io/en/latest/fio_doc.html#measurements-and-reporting
may be more useful to you.

--
Sitsofe