Re: Getting eta-status-line to the output file?

Hi,

On Sat, 31 Oct 2020 at 17:23, Brian Wengel <m40636067@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I would very much like to get the status-line I get from
> "--eta-newline=1s" written to the output file. Is that possible (or
> just something similar)?
>
> I'm interested in the sub-results of bandwidth and IOPS during the job.
> There might be an option for that but couldn't find it?

Usually people do this by grabbing stdio and setting the output-format
(https://fio.readthedocs.io/en/latest/fio_doc.html#cmdoption-output-format
) to something like json (although be aware of
https://github.com/axboe/fio/issues/672 and
https://github.com/axboe/fio/issues/731 ) and also using
https://fio.readthedocs.io/en/latest/fio_doc.html#cmdoption-status-interval
. I suppose if you still need to see stdio you could pipe to a tool
like tee(2) (https://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man1/tee.1.html )
first...

--
Sitsofe | http://sucs.org/~sits/