Question around the time precision

Hello list,

I found pretty handy being able to simulate and control the cpu activity by using the cpuio engine.

The actual code is doing a simple nop loop for the expected duration.

I'm thinking about adding other loops like having sse or avx loops to stress the CPU differently.

I was wondering how accurate must be the loop. Is there any particular expectation or constrains to know ?

Erwan,