Fwd: iodepth option setting suggestions

Dear All,

I'm working on using hardware to accelerate the OS stack of NVMe SSD.
By now, we provided these APIs to userspace:

read_async(); // there is a pre-allocated memory request buffer in
DRAM, if request buffer is not full, push request to buffer then
return. If buffer is full, send all request in buffer batch to the
accelerator, waiting for (polling) all request to be completed, and
return.
write_async();// same as read_async()
poll();// if there are some requests left in the request buffer,
finish processing them.

I feel like this is very similar to asynchronous I/O with libaio in
Linux, so we take this as the baseline. But I'm not sure in my use
case, for a fair comparison, how to set iodepth options:

iodepth_batch_submit
iodepth_batch_complete_min
iodepth_batch_complete_max
iodepth_low

Right now, I'm using:
fio --iodepth_batch_submit=0 --ioengine=libaio --direct=1 --buffered=0
sequential_write.fio

Any suggestions about other option settings?

Thank you.
Yu