Re: Strange benchmark results of SSD - any ideas

A couple of comments on your testing procedure.

- Please version everything you use  : fio, kernel, system, bios, ssd
firmware

All this can have an impact on your testing.

It's unclear if they all run of the same host/setup or not.

- Please expose the device size as the ssd model/brand isn't enough.

The size of the SSD have a huge impact on its performance

You should also expose the DWPD of these drive to detail how much
endurant they are supposed to be.

The public price could be also a hint for the reader.

- Please expose the SMART attributes of these drives

If some are older than other, the wear leveling status could impact the
performance too

- Why do you enforce iodepth to 1 ? SSD devices can perfectly handle
much more than that, and that what will happen when used by the OS.

I'd suggest to run at least iodepth = 32.

- Please expose the device configuration with a sdparm -a (to know what
are the read & write cache settings on this devices)

- Starting from the fresh erased disk would be better to start from a
clear device (same TRIM state on all devices)