Re: porting fio to other OSes

Hi,

On Mon, 16 Sep 2019 at 03:32, Robert Urban <urban@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to port fio to Tru64 UNIX. Looking at the various os/os-*.h files
> it seems some compatibility functions must be implemented for the target OS.
> "blockdev_size()" is one example.
>
> Besides the very general comments in the "Platforms" section of the "README"
> file, are there more detailed guidelines for porting fio to an OS? For example,
> a list of the compatibility functions that must be implemented?

I don't think there's a detailed guide but it's not too hard to do and
there are few examples floating around. I did a hacky port to Minix a
while back (https://github.com/sitsofe/fio/commit/0b0d40b5579784a12ce80042bc0e844edd9d96af
) where I basically only implemented the bare necessities and return
unsupported for everything else. Someone else also did a port to RTEMS
too (https://github.com/madaari/fio/tree/paper ) but unfortunately it
was never merged back.

--
Sitsofe | http://sucs.org/~sits/