RE: Either I don't understand how it work or I get unexpected result - mixed workload

With direct=0 you're going through the Windows Volume Cache (similar to the linux page cache), which
distorts everything - reads hit in a big cache in DRAM, and writes are collected there and burst out
later.

> Is there a way to see the distribution of the IO that are sent/received by fio in order to validate
> read/write and random/sequential ratio?

debug=io logs every I/O; some processing of that would confirm fio is generating what you expect.

In linux, strace is an easy way to observe the system calls of a program.

In linux, you can use trace points to see what various layers of the kernel driver stack are doing.
Jens wrote tools to make the block layer trace points easily accessible
(see https://linux.die.net/man/8/blktrace).