How do reads and writes overlap?

I was looking for this info, online, but with no luck so far. What I'm
really interested to know is this:

* Say, you have a mixed sequential workload 75% reads, 25% writes with
queue depth greater than one, then:
** are all writes executed before all reads?
** are there any reads from the blocks not yet written to?
** are there any reads performed against writes that are not ack'ed yet?
** are there any writes performed to the same blocks that have a
pending read request?

* Does any of the answers change if we modify the ratio of reads to
writes, sequential to random?

Thanks!

Oleg