From: fio-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:fio-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sitsofe Wheeler
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2019 8:22 PM
To: TK Tan Tan Tuan Keat <Tan.Tuan.Keat@xxxxxxx>
Cc: fio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: fio.exe has stopped working

Hi,

On Fri, 1 Mar 2019 at 02:12, TK Tan Tan Tuan Keat <Tan.Tuan.Keat@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have installed FIO 3.12 on 4 desktop PCs - all running Windows 7 with different processors.
> 2 of them are running FIO without problem, but another 2 has this
> windows error
>
> "fio.exe has stopped working
> A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
> Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is
> Available.
>                                 Close program [button]"
>
>  Has anyone run into this problem before? And if yes, what is the solution?

Where are you grabbing the fio.exe binary from? Was it from https://bluestop.org/fio/ ?

At a wild guess it could be the binary was built with instructions some of your PCs don't support due to march=native... Does the binary from https://ci.appveyor.com/project/axboe/fio/builds/20011071/job/54r8b1d6u8jpcth9/artifacts
work?

--
Sitsofe | http://sucs.org/~sits/