Re: How to set up fio working with multiple files simultaneously?

Hi,

On Mon, 26 Nov 2018 at 15:22, Yijie Zhong <yijiezhong12@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have learned that glibc emulate POSIX AIO via thread pool on Linux
> and only one thread would service for one open file
> (https://github.com/bminor/glibc/blob/glibc-2.28/sysdeps/pthread/aio_misc.c#L359).
>
> I want to use fio to validate it, so I want to know how to set up fio
> working with multiple files simultaneously?

I'm not too sure on this one. You could ask fio to use multiple
threads/processes itself via things like numjobs bigger than 1 (and
then you could put the iodepth down) and hope round robin sends each
I/O to a different file but perhaps this is not what you're after. I
suppose the other thing to try is having as many files as your iodepth
but the big snag is this I/O is going to start looking more random
rather than sequential the more files you use. You might just be
hitting a Linux glibc POSIX AIO weakness...

--
Sitsofe | http://sucs.org/~sits/