RE: rand-read: increasing iodepth makes throughput drop

In linux, iostat provides some statistics, and there are lots of more detailed
queuing statistics in sysfs. Some are provided by the block layer; some by the
SCSI midlayer (for SCSI devices); some by the low-level driver (like hpsa).

# nr_requests, the block layer request queue depth
/sys/block/$device/queue/nr_requests

# queue_depth, the SCSI midlayer queue depth
/sys/block/$device/device/queue_depth

# can_queue sets the initial request queue size
/sys/class/scsi_host/$scsi_host/can_queue

# cmd_per_lun sets the initial queue_depth
/sys/class/scsi_host/$scsi_host/cmd_per_lun

# host_busy indicates how many commands are queued by the SCSI layer
/sys/class/scsi_host/$scsi_host/host_busy

# host_blocked indicates the host is blocking all IOs
/sys/class/scsi_host/$scsi_host/host_blocked

# hpsa ioaccel commands outstanding
/sys/block/$device/device/hpsa_ioaccel_cmds_out

# hpsa physical drive queue depth
/sys/block/$device/device/hpsa_queue_depth

# hpsa commands_outstanding from submission to completion
/sys/class/scsi_host/$scsi_host/commands_outstanding

There are a bunch of blk-mq stats too, some only shown if debugfs is enabled.