Re: Understanding offset modifier

Hi,

On Wed, 7 Nov 2018 at 11:31, Mohanraj B <bmohanraj91@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello all,
>

> https://fio.readthedocs.io/en/latest/fio_man.html#i-o-type
>
> what is offset modifier, some please explain.
> It is possible to specify the number of I/Os to do before getting a
> new offset by appending :<nr> to the end of the string given.

I guess you mean mean the rw <nr> parameter in the final paragraph in
https://fio.readthedocs.io/en/latest/fio_man.html#cmdoption-arg-readwrite
. Can you say what part of that paragraph and the rw_sequencer section
you are struggling to understand and did you work through the
randread:8 and rw=write:4k examples?

--
Sitsofe | http://sucs.org/~sits/