Re: Cannot verify dedupe data, is it a bug?

On Wed, 17 Oct 2018 at 13:31, Changyu <feng_changyu@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I set "dedupe_percentage " to let FIO generate some duplicated data.  I also want read these data back and verify it.
> But, there is no duplicated data after setting "verify" parameter.
>
> checking the source code, I found that  function do_io  in file backend.c fill the buffer twice. the source code is as below.
>
> do_io()
> {
>     io_u = get_io_u(td);
>     if (io_u->ddir == DDIR_WRITE && td->flags & TD_F_DO_VERIFY)
>         populate_verify_io_u(td, io_u);
> }
>
> In function get_io_u, the buffer is filled with data as the "dedupe_percentage " specified.
> In function populate_verify_io_u, the buffer is refilled with random data. So, there would be no duplicated data.
>
> Is this a bug?

If it's not (and I'd say it is) then the current behaviour needs to it
needs to print a "conflicting options" error rather than silently not
doing what was asked. Someone else has reported something similar over
on https://github.com/axboe/fio/issues/449 ...

--
Sitsofe | http://sucs.org/~sits/