Re: fio max blocksize

On 7/12/18 1:11 PM, Jeff Furlong wrote:
>> Basically the unsigned int version should just be a subset of the
>> ull, with the min/max settings things would just work out nicely.
>
> So the idea is to share the same case statement for both, not
> introduce unique case statements for UL and ULL, right?

Right, it's just converting (if needed) the general case to be ull
based. See how FIO_OPT_INT is basically the same as FIO_OPT_STR_VAL.
You might need to add an implicit knowledge that the uint based options
have an implied maxval of UINT_MAX, if maxval isn't set, to avoid cases
where we can parse much larger values than a particular option may be
able to store.

--
Jens Axboe