Re: Windows and TRIM support - files, not devices

Hi,

On 28 January 2017 at 01:05, Rebecca Cran <rebecca@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've been looking at the TRIM support in Windows 8 and newer, and have come
> across a potential problem. Other OSes use TRIM on a physical/block device,
> but Windows only provides support for TRIM on files.

How far did you get with this? I recently attempted something over in
https://github.com/sitsofe/fio/commits/win_trim but I've found the
requirements to use mean the disk has to support deterministic read
after TRIM (DRAT) and read zero after TRIM (RZAT) which mean the it
works in less locations than things like Linux's TRIM. I've found the
occasional new SSD, Azure disks and things like mounted VHDs were the
only things it would work on...

--
Sitsofe | http://sucs.org/~sits/