Re: Status of python3 for fio?

Hi,

On 28 March 2018 at 16:45, Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Fedora is moving more and more towards python3.  (TBH, as a non-python
> expert, I don't know all the details...)
>
> I see that python2.7 is hardcoded in several scripts, and Jens though
> there were possibly some patches "floating out there" to switch
> the various scripts to python3.  Does anyone know the status of
> this work?

fiologparser_hist.py was made Python 3 compatible but it's unknown
whether all the other scripts are as ready (I'm going to guess no). The
hope is that eventually all scripts will be made Python 3 ready but it
will be up to distros to rename the interpreter to use to one they
like at packaging time because it's impossible to satisfy all distros
with a single interpreter line...

You can see the rationale behind the python2.7 rename here:
https://github.com/axboe/fio/commit/60023ade47e7817db1c18d9b7e511839de5c2c99
and here: https://www.spinics.net/lists/fio/msg06746.html (and a
followup here
https://www.spinics.net/lists/fio/msg06748.html ).