Re: valgrind spews

On 23 March 2018 at 21:49, Bart Van Assche <Bart.VanAssche@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 2018-03-23 at 21:43 +0000, Sitsofe Wheeler wrote:
>> >
>> > Since I can reproduce this I will have a look at what is going on.
>>
>> I wonder if the manner that fio allocates redzones is incompatible
>> with valgrind's due to fio's redzone's potentially being smaller than
>> the size of a pointer and the pre-redzone being partially inside the
>> header structure. I'm attaching a patch I made but it still seems to
>> generate valgrind warnings that aren't there when falling back to
>> malloc/free without pools...
>
> Hello Sitsofe,
>
> Have you enabled github's feature to send an e-mail every time a pull request
> is created or a comment is added? This issue should have been resolved by a
> pull request I submitted this morning. That pull request has been accepted by
> Jens.

Ah thanks Bart - I see it now over on
https://github.com/axboe/fio/pull/567 (my GitHub email goes to a
different email account that I check less frequently). Kind of a shame
valgrind can't track malloc/free across a fork but also
understandable. Anyone up for enabling thread mode for fio's --server
? ;-)

--
Sitsofe | http://sucs.org/~sits/