Re: Windows: FIO randomly hangs using attached script

On 3/6/2018 2:53 PM, Jens Axboe wrote:
On 3/5/18 6:23 PM, Rebecca Cran wrote:
I've had a report that FIO on Windows (at least Server 2012 R2 and 2016)
hangs when the attached script is run. The point at which it hangs is
apparently random, and within the condvar (pthread-win32) calls.

I've replicated the hang, but I don't have time to debug it so I was
hoping somebody on this mailing list might have time to dig into it and
figure out what's wrong.

The people I was talking to thought it might be due to FIO linking to
msvcrt.dll, which is old and not supposed to be used by applications -
they should use the CRT distributed with Visual C++, such as
msvcr120.dll instead. However, it appears that fixing this would take
quite a lot of work since while FIO is relatively straightforward to
change, pthread-win32 hasn't had a full release since 2012 and doesn't
build under a current msys environment due to duplicated symbols etc.
Do you at least know what mutex it's hanging on?

No, I didn't get around to checking that.

--
Rebecca