Re: Windows: FIO randomly hangs using attached script

On 3/6/2018 9:35 AM, Sitsofe Wheeler wrote:

I tried out the python script but it seemed to be complaining about a
whitespace issue. After fixing that up it's unclear exactly what fio
command lines it runs. I think for others to dig in we'd need
something less fiddly like the raw fio command lines that generate the
hang. Is there any chance the mystery user could join the mailing list
so they can answer questions directly? Ideally we'd need a job that
works on files within a filesystem and ideally nice small files so it
could go into an AppVeyor job...

I've CC'd Rob and David.
You can find the FIO command lines used by running the script in verbose mode: it lists them all at the start, then steps through them one by one. Unfortunately nobody's had any luck in narrowing down a single run that causes the hang. I forgot to say that the problem has been seen on FIO 3.1 - I never got around to trying it on version 3.5, which is now on https://bluestop.org/fio .

--
Rebecca