Re: Strange Uncorrectable Section Count Produced By Fio

On 6/29/2017 10:21 AM, Todd Lawall wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong everybody, but those look suspiciously like
errors coming from the kernel/driver rather than FIO.

I agree but see below.

John, you could confirm this by looking for these messages in the output of the
'dmesg' command.   If they're from the driver, then there's further
questions for the authors of that code that you'd need to ask.

Much to my surprise, 'dmesg' doesn't include those messages.

Also, I received 12 email messages sent to 'root' from 'root' on that
system with the same error messages, one message per disk.

I hadn't thought these messages came from 'fio' directly, but
I don't know where they come from. Whatever is producing them
seems to be confused because the number of errors are incorrect.

Jon Forrest
Dolby Laboratories, Inc.